Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Study Hell

It's final exam time this week and next week at University. Tomorrow I have my Reformation and Renaissance Europe exam, which as you may know has been the bane of my existence. I have to write three essays in three hours on three different topics, according to the questions we are given. I have studied for the past three days but only managed to study ONE topic intensively. I got to this morning, I had a terrible headache, I was tired. I had to say- STOP. I had hoped, given the points that I had been cross-credited from my unfinished teaching degree, that I wouldn't have to do any courses next semester. But I've had to be rational about it and if I fail this course I will just have to continue with the courses I was going to take next semester anyway and just use one of my additional credits to make up for this course. But I just had to stop. I have pretty much almost killed myself over this course because it has been so intensive. I've concentrated on it to the detriment of my other course, but at least our lecturer has given us the questions that are going to be in the exam so we can focus our study! If I feel better later I may go back and have a look at my notes but right now I am just fried. The human brain can only take so much!

I also have to protect my brain because of depression. I am not going to over-study and end up having a breakdown I can't come back from. I've done all I can do, I realise that it may not be enough, but God willing it will be okay. And no matter what happens, it's okay! It really is! I have options.

No comments: